“Roads? Where we’re going, we don’t need roads…” Sure, this is a famous line from the beloved classic, Back to the Future, but it’s also true of our latest Movies in the Sky presentation. You won’t need roads (except for the ones you take to get to the Bella Ridge third floor parking garage), but you will want to bring a blanket and chair to get extra comfy. Get all the details below!
Movies in the Sky: “Back to the Future” Outdoor Screening at Bella Ridge
This free outdoor movie event has not one but two purposes: first and foremost, have fun. Second, raise money for the Jefferson Performing Arts Society, a group that supports artistic endeavors in River Ridge and throughout Jefferson Parish. Head to the third-floor parking garage at Bella Ridge Apartments with your pals plus a blanket and chair, if desired. No need to bring popcorn, though: you can purchase it along with other concessions like Domino’s Pizza, Cold Stone Creamery Ice Cream, candy, and soft drinks. All of these items will be available for cash purchase during the event with proceeds benefitting JPAS. Remember, the movie is still free, but this is a great opportunity to support a local nonprofit (and enjoy tasty food at the same time).
For more information about the event, call 1-THINK-BELLA (1-844-652-3552). Great Scott, we hope to see you there!
We have some exciting news to share! J Turner Research conducted an assessment of the 5 best properties for positive online reputation in each state in the nation — and guess who received 4 out of 5 of the top apartments in Louisiana?
Natchez Landing was named the top property for online reputation in the entire state of Louisiana. Brewster Commons, Bella Ridge, and Pelican Bay were close behind.
That’s right, 1st Lake Properties received the humbling distinction of having 4 of the top 5 properties in Louisiana known for their strong reputation. Featured on the Multifamily Executive website, this list goes into great detail about the factors needed to be among the top management companies. Using ORA (Online Reputation Assessment) Power Rankings, researchers assigned a score from 1-100 for all properties in the nation, cross-checking against multiple review sites to create an industry benchmark for a property’s overall good standings.
As a whole, property management companies and individual apartment communities in Louisiana received an average score of 58. However, our 1st Lake Properties featured in this list went well above and beyond the statewide benchmark. Here’s how our top properties stacked up:
1st Lake Properties Top Louisiana List of Best Apartment Reputations
- Natchez Landing in Metairie received a whopping ORA score of 92, earning the top spot for all properties in Louisiana
- Brewster Commons at River Chase in Covington received an ORA score of 90
- Bella Ridge in River Ridge received an ORA score of 88
- Pelican Bay in Kenner received an ORA score of 87
Four the the top five properties in Louisiana are part of the 1st Lake family!
It’s official: Our pools are open for the 2016 season. Relax in crystal-clear waters surrounded by lush landscaping. Whether you live at Bella Ridge, Crossroads, Flowergate, Palmetto Creek, Arbor Gate, Brewster Commons, or many of our other properties throughout Greater New Orleans, you can enjoy the water in a tranquil setting.
The pool at Crossroads Apartments features an attractive brick patio plus umbrellas for added sun protection.
There’s nothing more peaceful than a sparkling pool – unless egregious noise, glass bottles, and other nuisances are happening around you. We’re so lucky to have respectful residents, but it never hurts to have a refresher course. In addition to basic pool rules (not entering the pool after hours, for example), we think pool etiquette is equally important. Read up on how to be on your best behavior before your next swim session.
Remember, pools are open from April 12 through Sept. 30, 2016. Enjoy — and don’t forget to wear your sunscreen!
Pool Etiquette at 1st Lake Properties
- No pets allowed. While we love our furry friends and are happy to accommodate dogs within our apartment homes and even at dedicated dog parks, we do not allow animals at the pool (service animals are an exception).
- No glass bottles. You can use non-breakable containers, such as thermoses, paper, or plastic cups.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- Keep things clean! Always clean up after yourselves and make sure you have all of your belongings before exiting the pool.
- Keep your tunes turned down. Music is a fun addition while you’re relaxing poolside, but be mindful of others around you. Use headphones or keep the music at a minimal noise level.
- Be mindful of spray sunscreen. We always advocate wearing sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun, and spray formulations are a popular option because they’re easy to apply. However, you don’t need to spray everyone else around you! Try misting it into your hand or step away from others so that extra spray doesn’t blow onto them.
- No diving into the pool, including cannonballs! Diving or jumping into the pool can cause quite a splash (literally) – you wouldn’t want to ruin a fellow resident’s favorite book or magazine.
As a long-time New Orleans company, we’re always excited to share good news about the Greater New Orleans area. We already knew NOLA was a star, and now we have STARs (Statistics, Testimonials, Awards and Rankings) to prove it. Greater New Orleans Inc., an economic development organization, released its 2015 STARs data on New Orleans, and we’re so proud to live in a city that has accomplished so much.
The distinctions and statistics collected by GNO Inc. come from a variety of sources. Whether from print and online publications (including everything from Forbes to Thrillist) or from government agencies like the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, New Orleans has received praise across the board in areas like talent and workforce, entrepreneurship, quality of life, economic development, and more.
(Photo via Flickr user Billy Metcalf Photography)
Here are just a few of the many stellar accolades bestowed upon New Orleans:
Greater New Orleans Inc. STARs
- Named the No. 1 Most Cost-Friendly Place for Businesses in the United States (KPMG)
- Ranked No. 1 in the USA for export growth (U.S. Chamber of Commerce)
- Ranked No. 2 boomtown in America due to population and GDP growth (Bloomberg)
- Named the No. 3 big city winning the IT jobs battle, after Silicon Valley and San Francisco (Forbes)
- Ranked No. 1 most improved metro in the USA (Wall Street Journal)
- Ranked No. 1 brainpower city in the USA (Forbes)
- Ranked No. 1 in the USA for in-migration of workers in their prime, ages 35-49 (Forbes)
- Ranked No. 2 in the USA for women in technology (U.S. Census)
- Leads the USA by 56% in the number of startups per capita (GNO Community Data Center)
- Ranked No. 1 “food city” in America (Thrillist)
- Named “America’s Favorite City” (Travel + Leisure)
- Named a top 10 city in the world (Travel + Leisure)
- Among the top 5 cities in the U.S. for an increasing share of millennial jobs (CareerBuilder)
Visit GNO Inc.’s full list of STARs. Congrats, New Orleans!
No matter what holiday you choose to celebrate this time of year, we believe that everyone can participate in the collective spirit of giving throughout the winter season. That’s why year after year at 1st Lake Properties, we partner with local charities to lend a helping hand to members of our community. This holiday season, we worked with the Apartment Association of Greater New Orleans to host a toy drive benefitting the Metropolitan Center for Women & Children and Angel’s Place, a charity for families with children diagnosed with life-threatening illnesses. We also participated in an ongoing, yearlong campaign to fundraise for the United Way. All the results are in, and we couldn’t be more pleased with how much 1st Lake Properties employees and residents were able to help our community!
Our recent toy drive and United Way fundraising efforts were a huge success!
A Tower of Toys for Kids in Need
Our ongoing toy drive aimed to make the holidays memorable and happy for all children, even those living at a shelter like the Metropolitan Center for Women & Children or suffering from life-altering diseases like cancer at Angel’s Place. The toy drive allowed us to fulfill many holiday wishes for sheltered families and hospitalized children in the Greater New Orleans area, and we give thanks to all those who participated in the drive.
“These gifts represent the generosity of our team members and residents at 1st Lake Properties,” says Stacey Shane Schott, our senior vice president. We are grateful to share our blessings with underprivileged members of our community in hopes we all can enjoy a more peaceful and bright holiday season.
Uniting Together for United Way
Throughout 2015, 1st Lake Properties held an ongoing drive benefitting United Way, the global organization with a Greater New Orleans branch that aims to end the cycle of poverty. We are proud to report that we raised $9,776 for United Way through payroll deductions, cash donations, a raffle, and Jean Day, where 1st Lake Employees were allowed to wear jeans to work for a $5 donation. Our local chapter of United Way will use these funds to build a stronger support system for people in need, from education and career opportunities to health services and beyond.
How to Help
If you feel compelled to assist any of these amazing local organizations, please visit their websites at www.mcwcgno.org, www.AngelsPlaceNOLA.org, and rebuildnola.unitedway.org. Monetary donations, volunteer opportunities, and donations of goods are all welcome. We’ve found throughout 2015 that the old saying is true: it truly is better to give than to receive!