A beautiful picture can spark inspiration, which is why we’re obsessed with Instagram. Whether it’s searching for what to make for dinner or scrolling through images of cute animals, spending a little quality time on Instagram is one of our favorite hobbies. We also find it’s an especially good tool for home décor ideas.
Check out our list of the best home décor accounts to follow on Instagram below!
Favorite Home Decor Shops on Instagram
Following brand accounts brings multiple benefits – you’ll see incredible images of gorgeous interior spaces, plus, you’ll know exactly where to buy the products in each picture!
- @westelm – Find beautiful images of the brand’s modern home furnishings and décor. You can also follow the New Orleans store specifically (@westelmnola) for up-to-date information on sales and NOLA-friendly imagery like Mardi Gras floats and local eats.
- @jonathanadler – A designer and a brand, this Instagram user is your destination for snappy, preppy-chic design with loads of color and graphic prints.
- @fab – Fab.com’s Instagram highlights everyday design from around the globe. The shoppable brand recently featured a photo-realistic clutch from DVRA – a New Orleans-based company!
Favorite Home Decor Publications on Instagram
Print magazines and online publications are a great resource for on-trend designs.
- @elledecor – A classic. Sophisticated interiors that cater to a range of aesthetic styles plus a dash of wanderlust – to-die-for homes in Capri, Milan, and Los Angeles are all part of the mix.
- @dominomag – No longer a print publication, Domino Magazine has fortunately taken their eclectic interiors to the digital world. Expect a mix of decorating inspiration, entertaining ideas, and bright bursts of color.
- @apartmenttherapy – One of our favorite websites is also one of our favorite Instagram accounts. This apartment-specific Insta is chock full of space-saving tips, DIY tutorials, and the latest design trends.
New Orleans interior designer Whitney Jones shares design inspiration and DIYs on Instagram. (Photo courtesy whitneyjdecor on Instagram)
Favorite New Orleans Design Inspiration on Instagram
In a city full of style and character, these Igers serve up some serious design inspiration.
- @whitneyjdecor – This New Orleans based interior designer offers a behind-the-scenes glimpse of a day in the life of a designer and sneak peeks of DIY home decor projects.
- @hattiesparks – The Uptown boutique owner’s Instagram feed is a beautiful blend of local life and spot-on design inspo.
- @perchneworleans – The stylish Magazine Street home goods shop offers up antique, vintage & contemporary decor finds.
Favorite Home Decor Designers on Instagram
Take cues from these interior designers’ Instagram accounts – it’s like having a private consultation for free!
- @ryankorban – Elegant, decadent spaces juxtapose designer Ryan Korban’s witty captions.
- @kellywearstler – You’ll love her sartorial style as much as her interior design expertise. Swoon!
- @mrorlandosoria – The interior designer’s Instagram account is equal parts travelogue, foodie paradise, and clean-lined interior spaces.
Lagniappe – Irresistible Instagrammers
A few other favorites we couldn’t resist including.
- @5ftinf – Flowers! Botanicals! Tea! A dreamy Instagram account that celebrates natural simplicity.
- @themakerista – DIY prodigy Gwen Hefner shares some of her favorite projects.
- @sfgirlbybay – Stylist and blogger Victoria Smith shows us “the world through rose-colored glasses.” California dreaming at its finest!
Looking for more interior decorating inspiration?
Be sure to follow our Apartment Decorating board on Pinterest for even more home décor ideas!