Pumpkins are having a moment. They’re in lattes, muffins, pancakes, hummus (seriously!), brownies, pies, smoothies, and just about any seasonal treat you can think of— but pumpkins are just as important a design element as a recipe ingredient this time of year. What front step (or living room mantel) is complete without a jack-o-lantern?
Take a look at these pumpkin patches throughout the Greater New Orleans area. Whether you go to pick up a pumpkin or just snap a fun fall selfie, they’re a great way to spend a few hours.
Bonus: check out these free carving templates from GoNOLA!
Find pumpkins galore at these patches around the New Orleans metro area. (Photo via Pexels)
Pumpkin Patches in New Orleans Metro
City Park Pumpkin Patch
- Where: Wheel Fun Rentals in City Park along the Big Lake Trail
- When: September 30-October 22
- More info: Ticket prices are $5-$9; enjoy pumpkin patch, hay ride, unlimited bounce house and inflatables, games, and picture stations. Other items, such as Surrey rides, pedal boats, snacks, and pumpkins are available for purchase.
St. Paul’s Episcopal School
- Where: 6249 Canal Boulevard in New Orleans
- When: October 7-31
- More info: Pumpkins at this patch weigh up to 40 pounds! There’s also a designated photo area for pictures
Aurora United Methodist Pumpkin Patch
- Where: 3300 Eaton Street in Algiers
- When: October 16-31
- More info: This patch hosts a family day on October 21 with food, games, and pumpkins for all
Plum Street Snoball Pumpkin Patch
- Where: Lafreniere Park near the Splash Pad and carousel
- When: October 6-31
- More info: Pumpkins range in cost from $1 to $20; the patch can host birthday parties and field trips
St. Martin’s Episcopal Church
- Where: 2216 Metairie Road in Metairie
- When: September 25 through October 31
- More info: This location is collecting nonperishable goods to donate to Second Harvest
St. Augustine’s Pumpkin Patch
- Where: 3412 Haring Road in Metairie
- When: October 5-31
- More info: This patch will also sell jewelry, crafts, baked goods, and different types of gourds
- Where: Corner of Highway 59 and Florida in Mandeville
- When: October 8-31
- More info: The Knights of Columbus also sponsors this patch
St. Peter Parish
- Where: 125 E 19th Avenue in Covington
- When: October 15-31
- More info: The Knights of Columbus sponsors this patch
Stella Plantation Pumpkin Patch
- Where: Stella Plantation in Braithwaite
- When: October 22
- More info: Tickets available here Make a to-do out of your pumpkin hunt at this event from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., which features hayrides, bounce houses, photo opps, and more.