Time to hit “refresh” on your interiors! A new year is the perfect time to take stock of what you have, and treat yourself to something new. Here’s what you need for rental resolutions:
Decorative lamps at this Creeks of River Ridge apartment tie the room together and add functional lighting.
These items are a little bit boring — but trust us, they’ll help you keep your apartment feeling like home (and like-new) for years to come.
- Vacuum cleaner: If your place features hard surfaces, this list on Amazon has you covered. They also have a list for carpets! And for the pet owners, the Hoover T-Series Pet Rewind is an affordable, effective option.
- Cutlery: Cooking is a whole lot easier when you have the right tools. Invest in quality knives like a chef’s knife and paring knife, plus heavy cutlery like steak knives, forks, and spoons to create a restaurant-quality experience at home.
- Pots and pans: What good are fancy forks and knives when you don’t have the right pans for cooking your food? Purchase a basic set, or opt for individual pots an pans: you’ll definitely want a sauce pan, frying pan, and large “multi-pot” for cooking pasta, boiling potatoes, and more. A cast-iron skillet is also an excellent, multi functional addition to your kitchen.
- Everyday paper products: Wholesale stores like Costco and Sam’s are great for stocking up on paper products like paper towels and toilet paper. Buy in bulk — you’ll save money and time.
- Tool kit: A simple, not-too-big, not-too-small tool kit is a must-have for apartment homes. Check out an in-depth review of an HDX tool kit here.
The Fun Stuff
These decor items are a surefire way to add style to your space.
- Decorative lamps: Lamps marry form and function, adding ambience and light to a room. West Elm has a wide variety that ranges from modern to whimsical.
- Towels: These might not sound like fun, but hear us out — sumptuous, oversized towels can make even the quickest shower feel like a spa experience.
- Mirrors: Create the illusion of more space with decorative mirrors that can also double as artwork. Here’s how to hang ’em!
- Carafe: Are you sensing a theme here? We’re head over heels for items that are beautiful and functional. A carafe — like this one from IKEA — is great for hosting dinner parties, but it can also be used as a vase.