As a long-time New Orleans company, we’re always excited to share good news about the Greater New Orleans area. We already knew NOLA was a star, and now we have STARs (Statistics, Testimonials, Awards and Rankings) to prove it. Greater New Orleans Inc., an economic development organization, released its 2015 STARs data on New Orleans, and we’re so proud to live in a city that has accomplished so much.
The distinctions and statistics collected by GNO Inc. come from a variety of sources. Whether from print and online publications (including everything from Forbes to Thrillist) or from government agencies like the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, New Orleans has received praise across the board in areas like talent and workforce, entrepreneurship, quality of life, economic development, and more.
(Photo via Flickr user Billy Metcalf Photography)
Here are just a few of the many stellar accolades bestowed upon New Orleans:
Greater New Orleans Inc. STARs
- Named the No. 1 Most Cost-Friendly Place for Businesses in the United States (KPMG)
- Ranked No. 1 in the USA for export growth (U.S. Chamber of Commerce)
- Ranked No. 2 boomtown in America due to population and GDP growth (Bloomberg)
- Named the No. 3 big city winning the IT jobs battle, after Silicon Valley and San Francisco (Forbes)
- Ranked No. 1 most improved metro in the USA (Wall Street Journal)
- Ranked No. 1 brainpower city in the USA (Forbes)
- Ranked No. 1 in the USA for in-migration of workers in their prime, ages 35-49 (Forbes)
- Ranked No. 2 in the USA for women in technology (U.S. Census)
- Leads the USA by 56% in the number of startups per capita (GNO Community Data Center)
- Ranked No. 1 “food city” in America (Thrillist)
- Named “America’s Favorite City” (Travel + Leisure)
- Named a top 10 city in the world (Travel + Leisure)
- Among the top 5 cities in the U.S. for an increasing share of millennial jobs (CareerBuilder)
Visit GNO Inc.’s full list of STARs. Congrats, New Orleans!