Are you just moving to New Orleans from a different city or state? If you’re new to the location, you’re probably not familiar with all the resources to establish yourself in your new rental in New Orleans. We’ve offered some tips for what to do before moving in and setting up a new apartment, and now we’ll guide you through setting yourself up once you’ve moved in. Start with this moving checklist of resources and you’ll be settled in no time.
- Voter Registration – You can register to vote in New Orleans at City Hall on 1300 Perdido Street, Room 1W24.
- Vehicle Registration – Residents of Metairie, Kenner and River Ridge apartment rentals can register their vehicles at the Office of Motor Vehicles on 100 Veterans Blvd in Jefferson Parish.
- Utilities – Entergy is the electric and gas provider for the 1st Lake apartment communities in Louisiana. Entergy can be reached at 1-800-ENTERGY or on the Entergy website.
- Storage – No need to go searching for the right place to store your belongings – 1st Lake can take care of all your storage needs for you! 1st Lake offers self storage facilities that are conveniently located close to the Metairie, River Ridge and Kenner apartment rentals. Contact Kenner Self Storage or Metairie Self Storage for excellent service, on site management, month to month leases and a gated location with 24 hour access.
- Postal Services – Locate the main post offices nearest to your apartment by checking the United States Postal Service website.
After you’ve gone through this moving in checklist, sit back and relax in your new 1st Lake Properties apartment.