Baton Rouge is home to some of the best and brightest upcoming chefs. In fact, ConventionSouth magazine named Baton Rouge the Best Foodie City!
Louisiana’s capital has much to offer in the way of delicious dining options and our 1st lake properties are located right near the best of them. All of our apartment communities in Baton Rouge – like Lake Towers, Regency Club and Spring Brook are conveniently located to satisfy your many cravings.
So dig in to our Baton Rouge restaurant guide and decide where you’re having dinner!
Local Louisiana Cuisine
Craving oysters, catfish and mudbugs? Check out these local haunts.
- Acme Oyster House for fresh oysters and delicious po-boys
- Beausoleil for upscale catfish and gumbo
- Dempsey’s for no frills steak and seafood
- Parrain’s for freshest and highest quality fish
- Satterfield’s for creative American seafood with a southern spin
- Sammy’s Grill for crawfish boils
Some days you just want to stuff yourself with pizza and pasta…
- DeGuilio Brothers for an Italian bistro feel
- Pinetta’s for delicious eggplant Parmesan
- Gino’s Restaurant for authentic Sicilian dishes
- Pocorello’s for an Italian grocery & deli
- Red Zeppelin Pizza for specialty pies and calzones
Looking for sushi, noodles or pho? We’ve got you covered.
- 9 Dragon Noodle House for ramen and other Japanese dishes
- Kaminari for sushi and hibachi
- Tsunami for delicious sushi and an incredible view
- Rama & Thai Kitchen for authentic thai food
- Hunan Chinese Restaurant & China King for Chinese
- Drunken Fish for Japanese-Vietnamese fusion
Give these places a try when you’re craving tacos and a good margarita.
- Azteca’s for a mix of Mexican and American dishes
- La Carreta for discount margaritas on Mondays
- The Velvet Cactus for great food in a fun atmosphere
- Salsarita’s Fresh Cantina for the famous tortilla pizza
- Superior Grill for yummy food and huge portions
Hankering for a good old fashioned hamburger? These places are sure to please.
- Brewbacher’s Grill for burgers and po-boys
- Chelsea’s Cafe for casual diner fare
- City Pork Deli for delicious upscale sandwiches
- Deep South Barbecue for yummy smoked meats
- Street Breads for gourmet sandwiches
These places are dishing out the freshest and most delicious Mediterranean.
Celebrating a birthday or special event? These white table cloth restaurants are world-renowned.
- Bin 77 Bistro and Wine for great drinks and exceptional service
- Galatoire’s Bistro for upscale Southern fare
- Maison LaCour for traditional French food
- Zoilo for upscale Argentinian steaks and empanadas
- Latil’s Landing Restaurant to dine on an old plantation
Bakeries & Coffee Shops
Try these spots for a quick breakfast or tasty treat.
- Baum’s for fine pastries and chocolates
- Nothing Bundt Cakes for upscale cakes
- Magpie for coffee, pastries and brunch
- Highland for refined coffee and a casual atmosphere
- Garden District for great coffee, pastries and tea
Every Wednesday, all Baton Rouge food trucks gather at a different location for the Baton Rouge Wround Up. Check out #brwroundup to find out the next spot.
— 1st Lake Properties (@1stLake) December 13, 2015