Many people know Metairie for being New Orleans’ neighbor; but Metairie is so much more than that.
There is a reason Metairie is home to the highest number of 1st Lake apartment communities. It is safe, fun and full of Louisiana food culture.
Whatever you’re craving, Metairie’s got it.
So, if you’re new to the area or just bored of the old routine, read our guide to the best restaurants in Metairie. There are hundreds of great restaurants in Metairie, but here are just a few of our favorites:
Louisiana is known for its fresh and delicious seafood, and Metairie is no exception. Try these spots:
- Drago’s for world famous charbroiled oysters
- The Galley Seafood for Louisiana shellfish platters
- Deanie’s for a wide variety of local seafood dishes- try the barbecue shrimp!
- Acme Oyster House for the best fresh oysters
- Don’s Seafood for Don’s Seafood Platter: an epic combination of stuffed crab, fried shrimp, stuffed shrimp fried catfish, fried oysters and crawfish étouffée.
If you’re craving the spices and flavors of other countries, try one of these yummy options:
- Byblos for Mediterranean made from the freshest ingredients
- Frosty’s Cafe and Pho Orchid for authentic Vietnamese
- Carreta’s Grill and Taqueria Corona for delicious and creative Mexican
- Sake Café for fresh sushi and other Japanese food
- Hot Wok for tasty Chinese
- Vega Tapas Café for a plethora of Spanish tapas
- Taj Mahal Indian Cuisine for several Indian vegetarian options
A favorite in Italy and America alike, pizza is abundant in Metairie. Find your favorite pie at one of these joints:
- Brooklyn Pizzeria for the famous 20″ pie
- Mama Mea’s Pizzeria
- Tower of Pizza
- Mark Twain’s PizzaLanding for great pizza and muffalettas
- Mellow Mushroom for interesting pizza in a fun atmosphere
If you’re looking for the perfect place to take a lunch break, check out these quick and delicious restaurants:
- Martin’s Wine Cellar for fresh salads and sandwiches
- La Madeleine for soups, salads and pastries
- Spudley’s Super Spuds for loaded baked potatoes and other potato items that the whole family will enjoy
Beignets, French-style fried donuts topped with powdered sugar, are everyone’s favorite New Orleans treat. For the best in Metairie, check out:
New Orleans Style
Since Metairie is right next to New Orleans, there are plenty of restaurants that do NOLA food just as well as they do in the city.
- R & O’s for great Cajun/Creole in a family-friendly atmosphere
- Jeff’s Creole Grille
- Quarter View for true New Orleans food, and portions
- Parran’s Po-Boys & Restaurant
Steaks & Burgers
For those carnivores out there, Metairie is home to some of the best barbecue, steak and hamburger joints:
- Moby’s Bar & Grill for delicious beef brisket
- Austin’s Steakhouse for the best porterhouse in the city
- Lee’s Hamburgers for the best burger you’ve ever had!
Once you’ve tried out one of these tasty spots, share this post and let us know what you think!